Saturday, August 21, 2010

1 Year Old

Everett is a year old today! I can't believe how fast time flies. I probably sound like a broken record, but it's true. He's gone from this little baby:

NewBorn

1 Month

2 Months

3 Months

4 Months

5 Months

6 Months

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

to this little boy:

Photobucket

He's gotten so big and has accomplished so much in a year. It amazes me how fast kids pick up on things. This little more will mimic anything. Here are some of the things he has done this past month:
Is now an avid walker. He loves to walk and is so proud of himself.
He'll pick up a cell phone and immediately put it up to his ear and start saying "hi". Well in his words hi! It's more like he yells in the phone which is probably something he got from his mother if you ask his dad!:)
Knows exactly where keys go. He'll stand at our front door, or my filing cabinets, and try to stick the keys in the slot.
When you ask him to close something like the front door, or dishwasher, he closes it.

This past year has been amazing. Despite times where I've felt completely inadequate to be a mother, Everett always finds a way to give me that reassurance. Usually just from his cute little smile my negative thoughts can change to positive. We love this little guy more than I could ever explain. Heavenly Father has truly blessed Todd and I with letting us have him in our lives.

3 comments:

Michele said...

time sure flies doesn't it? Slow down, Everett, you don't need to grow so quickly! Such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time celebrating his first birthday, his sweet little ruffled up nose when he smiles melts your heart. We have enjoyed your first year watching you become a toddler

Swilor Family said...

I am always so amazed at quickly those tiny babies grow up. But don't worry, even though it is a bit sad to watch them grow, they just get to be more and more fun! Happy Birthday Little Guy. :)