Before Joe and Debbie left, Debbie took this picture of us. It's the first picture, since the hospital, of our family of 5. At times it's still strange to me that we have 3 kids, but then most of the time it feels like we've always been this way. Things couldn't be better. The adjustment, for me, from 2-3 kids has been a lot easier then 1-2 kids. Everett and Jacquelyn love little Lyla. We have our moments, but for the most part things have been great. Jacquelyn has gone and named all her baby dolls Lyla. So now she has a baby Lyla, Everett has a baby Lyla, and I have my own baby Lyla. It took me a few times to realize what she had done. She kept telling me one day that baby Lyla was sleeping. No she's not Jacquelyn. Then it dawned on me HER baby Lyla was sleeping! Both kids love to help take care of her. In the beginning all they wanted to do was hold her, but it seems like that has kind of worn off. When I give her a bath they are both in there helping. We each have our own washcloths bathing her. Lyla's probably thinking "seriously how many people does it take to wash a baby?". Lyla of course has her dad wrapped around her finger. I love watching the two of them together. Without having to go back to work I feel like I'm finally able to really enjoy having a baby. I was lucky enough to take both Everett and Jacquelyn to work with me, but there's just something different about being at home with them. It's special and I am grateful for the opportunity that I do have to be home with her.

No comments:
Post a Comment