Anyway, so on Saturday my Uncle Claude and Aunt Shirlene came over for dinner. My Uncle Claude is my Grandpa Tuckett's brother. I've never met him until Todd and I moved up here. The past month or two we've gone over probably every other Sunday to visit. They love Todd. Shirlene is always talking him. When we moved they let us borrow their jeep so we could load more stuff. So we had them come over and see our new place. They're pretty funny. Todd and I have really enjoyed their company and getting to know them. After they left we went and visited Todd's friend Dave. His wife, Shelly, is from Ririe, ID and they were here visiting her family. We ended up playing Scene It most of the night. I never thought I really enjoyed that game, but we had a lot of fun. I don't know if it was just because of the people we were with or cause we actually played it right!
Sunday was beautiful. Nice weather. Just the right temp and the sun was out. It's rained all weekend so it was nice to have the sun out. We went to our new ward pretty much for the first time. Last week was ward conference and we left early so we didn't really get to meet anyone or introduce ourselves. When we got home we ended up watching Sandlot. I haven't watched that movie in forever.
Today we ended up going on a hike. We were told that we should go to the Palasides which is by Swan Valley. It was about an hour drive. Not too bad. The hike was about 4 miles that lead to a lake. We were hoping that today would be like Sunday, but unfortunately it was not. It started our nice though.
These pictures were taken during our drive. The scenery was beautiful. We talked about going back in a couple weeks when the weather's a little nicer.
This picture and the one below are of come cattle being herded. I've never actually seen that before.
Sorry, you can't really see it very well.
We followed a river the whole time. I believe it was called the Snake River, but I could be wrong.
During the drive we were on a little highway, but to get to the trailhead we had to turn onto a little dirt road. We were going along and all of a sudden I just yelled. Todd got scared and slammed on his breaks. This is what my screaming was because of.
We walked along this river pretty much the whole time.
Some mountain views. In this one you can kind of see how low the clouds are.
About a hour, or so, into the hike it started to rain. We got under a tree and waited it out for a little bit, but then decided to go on. When it kept getting a little harder we decided to bring out the ponchos.
When we talked about taking them out, Todd didn't want to cause he didn't want to have to try and fold it back into the little bag it came in! He gave in though, but he opted out on putting the pants on. His loss.
Needless to say we had a pretty good time. We didn't make it up to the lake. It just kept raining harder so we decided to turn around after about 2 hours or so. It was probably a good thing. The trail on the way back was muddy and very slippery, which I wasn't too happy about.
Now we're home relaxing and watching some American Gladiators!
2 comments:
hahah I would just blame it on the tree!! Sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend. You are so lucky you got to go hiking, I want to go really bad. . . all I have to do is find a weekend when Clint isn't working. :)
Looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment