
Johnny Carino's has kind of always been mine and Todd's restaurant we always go to. It started when he took me there for my birthday when we had just started dating. Any time we would go to a movie, in Denver, we would usually always go to Johnny Carino's first. We haven't been since we first moved up here. So Todd decided that we should head out there tonight.
We love their bread. It's Todd's favorite and probably one of the main reasons we go there. I've been trying to copy it, but haven't figured it out. So I was excited to get to have some tonight and hopefully figure out their recipe. When they brought out the bread we were a little disappointed. It looked a little different, but I didn't think anything of it until we started eating it. They changed their bread!! It use to taste real herby. But this one just tasted like a plain white bread with a little bit of herbs. You could barely taste anything.
We usually get the same exact thing every time. We both say we're going to try something different, but then never do. Todd gets the Chicken Penne Gorgonzola and I get the Bowtie Festival. The Bowtie Festival is so good. It has lots of bacon and chicken. Yum. But something was different with it tonight. I don't know what it was. Todd said his tasted the same. Both our meals usually have tomatoes, but because of the recall on some brand of tomatoes they weren't carrying any. So I don't know if that was the reason, or not. It's almost like they went and changed who they buy their food from cause Todd noticed that the oil and garlic you dip the bread in was a little different. Maybe it's cause we haven't been there for so long. Who knows. It was still good though. It's a long drive, but worth it in the end!

1 comment:
Hello cousin! There are so many Johnny fans in Idaho. We thought it was ok, but I always enjoyed the bread. Are you guys heading to the reunion? How is school? How do you like rexburg? I miss it (I never thought I would say that) Where do you live? from the pics I wouls guess the apts by the middle school on the road upto the temple. If that isn't right then I would guess those apts are off pioneer rd. We are coming to Idaho next week. If you aren't going to the reunion, we will have to stop by, so you can see my little guy! Hope you like it there. Let me know if you need help finding things to see and do there. I lived there for 6 years and Eric is from IF. Glad to see your blog and the things you are up to!
Post a Comment