Saturday, August 8, 2009

Takin It Easy

Yesterday I was told by my doctor that I need to "take it easy". Lay on my side. Keep my feet up. I'm thinking..."Man I can do this." Umm...Yeah not that fun. But I just "didn't take it easy" for like 5-10 minutes. I got antsy and had to clean up the apartment a little, and now I'm feeling the effects of it.

When I went to my weekly doctor's appointment my blood pressure had spiked way high. He's a little worried I might have started developing Toxemia, high blood pressure is the only sign right now. So I have to go back in on Monday to get tested again. Well, today Todd and I decided that we'd go check it to see if it had changed. The little blood pressure thing at Walmart showed that it had gotten even higher. So we called they doctor went in and had them test it. Their thing didn't have results so high, but they still weren't great. So I was told once again take it easy. Pretty much lay down all weekend till my appointment Monday.

Since then I have noticed a difference. My feet are completely normal looking. They really haven't swelled. I feel like I have more energy and can breathe better, but it's hard. Todd's dad and brother are here and this morning they all made breakfast. His brother's making dinner right now, and it's hard. That's usually what I do. I keep busy and get stuff done. Not so much today. So while Todd and his dad were outside I decided to pick some things up. Not such a good idea. I am now out of breath again. My feet started to swell slightly. And I feel pooped. So I guess no matter how hard it is, I really do need to "take it easy".

2 comments:

LINDA said...

Hi Nicki! Just take it easy and rest! Time to find a good book to read or reread an old favorite! In just a few weeks you will be thankful just to have ten minutes to take a shower so this is your special time to let your body rest before the "Big Day" of little Everett's arrival! Hang in there- the best blessing of all will be here soon :)

larifunk said...

You do what your dr says! I had toxemia with my third baby and it can be very serious! It's just not worth taking a risk - so just stay down!

PS - good luck! It's coming soon!