Saturday, September 19, 2009

Everett's Baby Blessing

We were able to bless Everett while all our family was here. We had my parents and sister, and Todd's parents, sister, and brother come up. That weekend we hung out and had a real good time.

The blessing was just perfect. We had it on Saturday September 12th at our stake center, and then we headed over to our parent's hotel for some snacks and to chit chat. Todd did a great job and Everett slept the whole time. Our friends and family, from the area, were able to come and participate. After Todd blessed Everett, the counselor from our bishopric asked me to bare my testimony. I was a little emotional and caught off guard and as usual didn't get to say everything I wanted. So I thought I'd share it here so I wouldn't forget.

Five years ago I would have never pictured myself where I am today. I didn't want to get married, nor did I really want to have kids. At least not as early as I did. I figured I'd get married when I was finished with school and a little more accomplished. I never wanted to go to a church school cause I figured most people went to get married, and that was not what I wanted. So I went to school in Rhode Island. After a year I decided to transfer to a different campus. After much thought and prayer I knew Denver was where I was suppose to go. My first weekend there I met this quite guy at our friend's cabin. Drove him home the next morning then ended up spending many nights hanging out watching Prison Break. Little did I know a few months later I'd fall for him and end up marrying him a year later. I remember when I first started praying about us everything pointed to us getting married, but I was shocked. It wasn't what I had planned, nor thought I ever really truly wanted. But I knew it was what the Lord wanted, and when I did what the Lord wanted it truly became what I wanted too.

A year after getting married we felt it was time to start planning a family. But yet again our plan wasn't exactly Heavenly Father's plan. A few emotional months later we found out we were pregnant and truly excited. I was so excited, and yet again shocked. It was funny how opposite my plan was from Heavenly Father's plan, but I knew that his was the one that made me the most happy.

I have such a strong testimony of the power of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father listens and answers my prayers at the appropriate time. I know he knows me and loves me. I know that his plan is the true and right plan and when I make his will my will everything falls into place and I am truly the happiest.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church upon the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a true and living prophet who restored the church in these days. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that through it we can drawer nearer to Christ and truly know Him.

I know that my marriage is an eternal marriage. Not only are Todd and I, and our family, together here on Earth, but we will be for eternity. I know that Everett came when he was suppose to come. That he is here to bless our family and do an amazing work.

I love my family so much. Todd is such an amazing husband and now father. He has been such a blessing in my life. Everett has been in our life for a month and I never knew how much love a parent could have for a child. I'm so grateful for my parents and the love and support they give me in all my decisions. They have helped me to become who I am today. I only hope that I can be a righteous example for our children and that they can be led on the right path.

No comments: