Today was Everett's first day of Pre-K. It seems a little strange that he's old enough to be going to school. We've been talking about this day for awhile and he has grown more and more excited. WHen I woke him up and told him what day it was he got the biggest smile on his face.
The elementary school here offers a pre-k program. When I first heard about it I was really excited until I learned it was an all day class. I don't know why but it made me a little nervous. It shouldn't have since 7 months ago he was going to day care all day. Anyway, after some thought and discussion we decided he needed it. This kid needs learning and social interaction and I wasn't giving him enough. He definitely needs more interaction then what he gets from his mom and sister everyday.
When it was time to get ready to go both Everett and Jacquelyn were pretty excited to go. Poor little girl thought she was going too. I felt bad that we had to leave her.
After getting to his class room I was getting more excited for him. I went to take pictures of him, but he was ready for me to leave. When I went to say bye his teacher even said "Everett don't you need to say bye to your mom?" HE just looked at me like come on mom go on already. Jacquelyn has been pretty bored and every once in awhile will ask "where everett?". I know he is going to have a blast and learn so much.




No comments:
Post a Comment