Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

Well, once again our conference weekend has come and gone. Todd and I enjoyed ourselves. Friday night we went to the temple. Amazing as always. It just felt so good to go. The temple is pretty much in our backyard, which is a constant reminder of what we need to do. After, the weather had cooled down so we went home and had some hot chocolate. Yum! Saturday we watched the first two sessions of Conference. Todd went to the Priesthood Session, while I went with our neighbor, Kim, to another neighbors, where we watch The Last Holiday and just chatted. When the guys got home, Todd and I went to Trent and Kim's to play some cards. We had quite a few laughs. It's always fun to hang out with them. Especially to hear the stories that Trent comes up with. He has some pretty good ones.

Today we finished watching conference. It seems like it goes by so fast. The one talk that has kinda stuck with me, throughout, is Elder Wirthlin's. The one thing I keep remembering is that he talked about how his mother told him "Come what may, and love it". His talked was based around overcoming sorrow and anger and to just laugh a little more. I need to live that motto more. Sometimes I feel like things come, but I just don't care for them, but I know that as I do find the good and humor in things life will be more enjoyable and memorable. I'm so grateful for conference and for the opportunity we have to listen to the leaders of our church. I know that they each have received inspiration from Heavenly Father on what we need to be counseled on.

For dinner we enjoyed some Baked Potato Soup with some delicious rolls. We had a nice rainy day, and the soup was perfect for the weather. Sorry Bernie, had to post a picture of the rolls. Seriously I love this rolls. I've been making them forever! Each time I feel like they come out better and better. I was surprised how flaky they were this time. Mmmm... so good.


Now we're just enjoying the rest of day. As you can tell, Todd sure is excited!

1 comment:

Katie Fish said...

OH man...you always post the most yummy looking food on your blog! Makes me wish I knew how to cook and bake and be YOU! :)