Joseph B. Wirthlin, a member of the 12 Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, gave a talk at this last General Conference titled "Come What May and Love It". I think this talk hit me the most and I've been trying to remind myself of this constantly. Except for some reason I haven't for the past couple of days.
I was writing an email today and brought this up and it hit me. Duh Nick! I was telling someone something I needed and I didn't realize it until I went back to reread what I wrote. I don't know if I helped them much, but it helped me.
Elder Wirthlin's talk is based around handling adversity. He began with sharing a story about when something happened to him and his mother told him "come what may and love it." He goes on to say "How can we love days that are filled with sorrow? We can’t—at least not in the moment. I don’t think my mother was suggesting that we suppress discouragement or deny the reality of pain. I don’t think she was suggesting that we smother unpleasant truths beneath a cloak of pretended happiness. But I do believe that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life."
We all will receive trials and pain. I like how he puts it "But the dial on the wheel of sorrow eventually points to each of us. At one time or another, everyone must experience sorrow. No one is exempt." But like Elder Writhlin says it's how we handle them that matters most. Things happen and I have no clue why. I can't see what Heavenly Father can, but I know that he has a reason for everything. Whether I'm suppose to know what that reason is or not, I just need to rely on my faith and enjoy the journey. As Gordon B. Hinckley has once said "In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
So the things that I found to help me enjoy today:
Frozen Mint M&Ms. They're great when you've had a frustrating day at work!

Frozen Mint M&Ms. They're great when you've had a frustrating day at work!

Todd's smile. It's more like his whole face. I love his eyes when he smiles. They're warm and there's something about it that just comforts me. I love us and I think that's what has helped get me through hard times. I know he's there and I know he loves me and wants me to be happy. And I know that I wont just be with him in this life, but for eternity.
He always knows what to say. Sometimes I don't think he thinks I listen, but I do. I can just be a little stubborn to show it.
He always knows what to say. Sometimes I don't think he thinks I listen, but I do. I can just be a little stubborn to show it.
1 comment:
Wait until he has spent 5 days with his inlaws. You will be able to tell it in his eye. HA HA
See you soon.
Post a Comment