Monday, June 15, 2009

Blanket For Everett

I finally got around to making a blanket for the baby. I think it turned out really cute. I was going to try and do like a real nice quilt, but decided to just stick with my rag quilt I usually do. I always have a hard time looking at fabric and trying to picture what it'll look like, but I'm really happy with these colors and how it all came together. Especially his name on the side. The past couple quilts I've made I've tried doing something different. I've been reading a lot about the heat n' bond stuff, so I wanted to try it and see what it'd look like. So I cut the letters out and ironed them onto the blocks. Then instead of doing the normal X on each one I just sewed the letter so on the back it shows through (hope that makes sense, it does in my head, but ya never know). Anyway, the best part is that Todd helped too!

I finished sewing it Saturday and was just too tired to even really think about the cutting process to make the frey look. Todd started cutting it and I ended up going to bed thinking he'd be behind shortly. To my surprise he stayed up and finished cutting the whole thing! And even started washing it. It takes forever to cut the whole thing. I usually do a little here and there depending on when I need to get it done. So it was a pretty nice surprise to just wake up and it's done!


3 comments:

The Fruia's said...

I think it looks great. How are you feeling? HOpefully not too bad. Are you having a shower here in Texas?

Michele said...

It looks great. Good idea with the letters of his name. That is really a nice touch.

Nicki Wilson said...

Thanks! I like the letters too!

No shower in Texas. We probably wont be down there till around Thanksgiving or Christmas sometime. Everything's good though. I'm feeling great, just a little uncomfortable at times:)