Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

I have been looking for a pumpkin patch, but have had no luck. Back home there's places you can go and they have cute things set up where you could take pictures. I've been wanting to get a cute picture of Everett for the fall. I've asked everyone at work. I've googled it. Nothing. I have found pumpkin fields though. When Todd and I lived in Denver we went out to a pumpkin field and it was huge! But they had little decorations set up where you could take pictures. So I was thinking we could do something like that.

Well, I found a place in St. Anthony. Called the guy. He made it sound like it was a pretty decent place. So I got our neighbors to go out with us on Saturday. I was excited. I got us dressed up so we could take a little family picture. I even got Todd to wear one of his nice shirts! So I was pumped. As we get to the field I can tell it was nothing like I thought it was going to be. I think it was this guys garden and he sold the pumpkins. He told me people come and take pictures. Who knows maybe I misunderstood him! There was a row or two of pumpkins and that was it. The rest was tomatoes! I felt so bad and disappointed. There went my picture idea.

Photobucket

There was a house across the street that had a little white fence. So we went over there to take pictures. I thought the background would look a little fallish. Stupid me, I had been messing with the camera and changed the settings so the pictures came out horrible. On our way up we passed a straw maze, so we stopped there on our way back home and took a quick picture.

Photobucket

It looks a little fallish:) At least it's a little cute. Despite the the disappointment, we had a fun time. Maybe I'll be able to find something a little better before the end of the season.

2 comments:

Frasure Family said...

There is a guy that lives just outside of Rexburg that grows giant 400 lb pumpkins. I could drive there, but don't know the names of the streets. We do miss Rexburg. Motherhood is great. Enjoy the one, 2 is harder trying to balance equal times with each. They are amazing and are such a joy!

Anonymous said...

the place that we've gone to the last few years is someone's home garden patch, but they set it up all cute and have decorations and stuff where we take pics. it's on Archer Highway on the way to Ririe, just before twin bridges if I remember right. just stay on Archer Highway for 10 minutes or so, it's on the right. super fun! you don't actually go in the garden, they have them picked and sorted with different areas set up with hay bales, and cute scarecrows and such! hopefully we'll go again soon and make sure it's there again this year! I've gone the last 3 years since Shazer was just a few weeks old and put him in a basket of little pumpkins, so fun!!