Friday, December 18, 2009

24

Since I can remember I always wanted to be 20. Who knows why. I guess I just thought it was "cool". Well, I turned 20, nothing real cool about. I turned 21, 22, and 23, and always felt twenty. I've never felt old, or older in anyway. But two weeks ago I turned 24. I feel old.....

I should rephrase that. I don't really feel old, cause umm...24 is not old in anyway, but I feel like I am now getting older. It's life right. We get older every year. But I'm no longer in my "early" twenties. I'm officially in my "mid" twenties. I don't know if it's being married for 2 1/2 years and now having a child. Who knows. I normally getting super excited about my birthday. I start sending emails out to my family two months in advance. This year completely spaced it. My family always calls, but it's usually in the morning. This year my mom and my friend Sarah called me early in the morning. The siblings not till late. And Spence, he was way late! Anyway, I'm not bashing on them, but I think I'm coming to the realization, like I said before, I'm getting older. Birthdays aren't as important. I have a little baby preoccupying my time now. I can't even remember to send out emails two months in advance. I just never thought that getting older would hit me this way. Oh well..... Anyway, enough about the age.

I had an amazing birthday thanks to my wonderful husband. I like to joke around that I have a birthday week, or weekend, but Todd does not agree. He says it's one day and that's it. Well, he doesn't admit it, but he made my birthday a birthday weekend!:) Saturday night he took me out to Texas Roadhouse. I had been craving some ribs, and they have some yummy ribs! Everett was able to come and join us. We contemplated getting a sitter, but then decided he should come! He was the cutest thing. By the time we got to the table he did not want to be in his carseat. So Todd had him sit by him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Luckily, for the meal, Everett sat in his carseat, chewing away at his hands. Those things are in his mouth 3/4 of the time!

I LOVE Christmas. If I had tons of money we would have so many decorations. But as for now we have a few random ones to get us in the spirit. The one decoration I think you have to have is a Christmas Tree. For the past few weeks I've been telling Todd that I wanted to go out and cut a tree again. We NEED a tree. He keeps telling me we don't need a tree till we are actually going to be here for Christmas. Well, the thoughtful man that he is bought me a tree. I love it. After giving me the tree I was able to go out and buy some decorations for it. So Sunday after church, my actual birthday, we put some Christmas music on and put up our tree.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I only have one ornament that actually means something. We got it last year when we were in Jackson with my family. Hopefully some day we will have collected a few more. So our tree now is just some random balls and ribbon. I love it though. Once we get home from work I go and turn it on and it's beautiful!

Another present from Todd was a cake. For the past few years I have made my own cakes, but this year Todd made it. And it was delicious. He even went a little further and put some peppermint extract in the frosting so it tasted like a peppermint patty. Mmm.. it was very tasty!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So despite getting older I had a fantastic birthday! I guess I don't need to remind everyone two months in advance to enjoy it. It was nice to just be home and spend it with my two handsome boys.

No comments: