So I've come to the realization that when you have a kid your life kinda gets put on the back burner. If that makes sense. When people see you they always talk about the baby. When the baby's not with you they ask how he's doing. While not much is asked about you anymore. Which is fine cause I'd rather talk about Everett more anyways. You go shopping more for the baby than you. And then you tend to talk more about the baby's life than yours.
So here I am updating about the two of us. Nicki and Todd. Now I'll have to warn you we're not as entertaining as little Everett. In fact I don't think much has happened since the last time I wrote about us and I'm sure most would rather hear about Everett anyways. But oh well...Tough luck:)
Todd and I are both still working. Todd has 3 weeks left of working at PPI. Then it's back to school. Which he is excited about. School's a little more exciting for him these days then work. He's starting to get more into his main classes. Not just the basic ones everyone has to do. So it's a little more interesting.
As most know he's been having problems with his ankles and finally went to a podiatrist this fall. The doctor had him fitted for orthodics with the hope that he wont have to get surgery. But I honestly think he still might have to. Maybe not now, but eventually. I think they're starting to help,but one of his big problems is that he is standing on his feet all day on concrete. Hopefully once he's back in school he wont have so much pain and can do a little more without his ankle hurting.
Todd is still being an amazing dad. Him and Everett have some good times. Todd loves making noises which in turn usually scares Everett! It's pretty funny. Todd will make faces and Everett will look at him like "you weirdo". Last night Todd was making a face and Everett would look at him and then look at me like "did you see that". Then he'd look at Todd and back at me. We were entertained for a little bit! (see it's easy to start talking about the baby rather than you!)
Anyway....he is also still my stud muffin of a husband. He's still the most patient man which helps in our relationship. If he didn't have patience with me I don't know what would happen. He helps out a TON. And the best part is that he is constantly making me smile. Not a day goes by were he doesn't make me laugh.
And now the mom. I'm still working and bringing Everett to work. It is truly a blessing for me to bring him, but some days it can be extremely hard! I love my job which in all honesty helps. I'm so grateful for my work allowing me to bring him and still be able to provide for our family. Work has gotten so busy the past two months and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down. Which is awesome. It keeps me busy and on my toes. Some days I feel like I'm running around all day between getting work done and still taking care of my child.
After work I feel like I don't have much of a life. Once I'm home I'm pretty much home. I've been telling Todd that I wanted to go to the gym for the past two months, but have yet to make it once! I seriously don't know how people with kids do it. I just wish it was warm so I could go on walks and take Everett. It's really not cause of Everett though. Todd keeps telling me I can go, but I'm exhausted by the time I can go! Luckily with all the running around at working I'm getting some sort of exercise done.
I can't really complain about much. Although some days I feel like that's all I can do. Todd and I are doing pretty well. We have a roof over our heads, we have jobs, we have an amazing kid, we have families that support us, and we have each other. You can't get much better than that.

2 comments:
thanks todd for taking such good care of our nicki. That a real cute picture of the two of you too.
I personally like to hear about the parents too! You are such a cute family!
Post a Comment