Saturday, November 19, 2011

There's a battle in our home....

....and I'm losing. Seriously losing.


I cannot get Jacquelyn to eat food for the life of me.  I've tried rice cereal and oatmeal. Hates it. I even added applesauce...nope.  I've tried, apples, bananas, squash, sweet potatoes.  Still nothing.  She gets so excited when she sees the spoon that she starts pumping her legs and everything.  The minute I stick the spoon in her mouth she makes this funny face and then starts pushing the food out with her tongue.  I thought that maybe she just didn't grasp the concept of swallowing.  So I held the spoon in there for her to kinda suck off of it.  Yeah bad idea.  Instead she just spits it out so it goes everywhere!  Oh man. What to do? I know she wants food.  Every time we eat she just stares and tries to grab it.  She LOVES the little Mum Mum rice crackers.  They get devoured when put on her tray!  Oh someday this girl will understand and hopefully I'll start conquering this little battle of ours.

No comments: