For a little fun today Everett made a cute little turkey. I'm horrible when it comes to teaching things so I tried to throw my "everything has to be perfect" mind out and just had fun with it. It's sad I know. Even with a 2 year old I get frustrated when it doesn't turn out just right. Although today was a lot of fun cause I just wanted him to enjoy the activity. He got pretty excited. Especially when he got to help glue on the eyes. He got to color on the toilet paper roll, trace his hands, and help glue. Tracing his hands was not his favorite though! He kept trying to move them.
Once our little turkey was done Everett had quite a bit of fun with him. First he would take his scrapes of paper and throw it through the body.
Then it became a sleeve while he was coloring.
And then a horn. He would yell "dododooooo".
And then it became a crayon holder. He would first stuff the crayon through the nose....
and then he'd use it to draw.
That little turkey became quite useful! Today's craft was quite the success. Of course our little Jacquelyn wasn't left out. She got to watch and chew on her new favorite snack, her Mum Mums. She LOVES them. When we hand them to her she just starts kicking in excitment!
1 comment:
oh creative! i just had a ton of toilet paper rolls about to throw out and now i know what i can do with them. might have to try that tomorrow!
Post a Comment