Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ity Bity Swimming Pool

I have been wanting to get a little kiddie pool for awhile.  I kept going back and forth on either getting a blow up one, or just the plastic ones.  While we were shopping around walmart we stopped in the swimming section for a bit and I just decided to try out a little blow up one.  It was for 1-3 years so I thought at least Everett and Jacquelyn could use it together.  Yeah....

 it was tiny, but Everett still played with! (sorry for some of the bad pictures. I'm trying to learn how to use my camera on manual, and I'm not very good at it)
 He thought it was pretty cool.  After a little bribing we got Todd to run into town and get a bigger plastic one.  I figured he could play in the bigger one and Jacquelyn could have the tiny one. Well, when Todd got back he was talking about putting Everett in foaties and then taking a picture of him in the tiny pool.  Everett heard the word floatie and had to have his before he got in.  Once we got it blown up he was in,but it was a tad chilly.
 So he went back to the tiny pool.  It was pretty comical. He just stood there and then just gradually started sitting down.  Once he sat he thought it was the coolest thing.
 So much for the bigger pool! Todd tested the waters and thought it was way too cold so he went and started dumping hot water, from the sink, in there. 
 Everett thought it was a little bitter, but loved it once Todd tried it out.  He's so funny to watch because he'll just mimic everything you do.  Todd put one foot in, Everett put one in.  Todd got all the way in, Everett got all the way in.  It's pretty cute though.
 
 Jacquelyn came out and tried it, but she did not like it.  I just put here so she could crawl into the tiny pool, but the minute her hand touched the water she started crying and wanted out.  She was more content with crawling around and playing in the sand box.

 Everett joined her for a little bit, but his hands kept getting "dirty".  This was him telling me "dirty on me mom".  

No comments: