
About 2 weeks ago my friend, Shauna, and I went a picked a whole bunch of apples off a tree behind work. I ended up taking home about 30 pounds! I was a little excited cause I'd never canned before. She was making a bunch of apple pie filling, but I'm not a big fan of canned apple pie filling. I'd rather make it fresh. So I ended up making Apple Butter, Cinnamon Applesauce, and just regular Applesauce. My first weekend I spent doing the apple butter, and I just finished the applesauces the other day. I actaully really enjoyed it. I didn't reall care for the peeling, coring, and slicing part, but the rest was fun!
4 comments:
You need to learn the easy way, its called a Victorio Strainer. Put the apples in the top, turn it and the sauce comes out one end and the apple guts the other. FAST. Check out my blog to see a picture of the kids helping. WAY TO GO!! you are getting soooo domestic. Love reading your blog and seeing goofy pics of Todd!
Sweet! Do you have any more ideas with what to do with a ton of apples? Christine would love to hear them! The Bishop just gave the ward members bags of apples! lol
Is there anything you cant do Nicki??? You are like the all around amazing woman!!! I admire you and cant wait to eat some rolls and carrot cake when you come!!! HINT HINT!!!
I'm so impressed. Will you teach me when you're home. I want to can black beans.
Love you!
Post a Comment