Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bike Ride

Well, tonight was the first time I've been out on a bike ride with Todd. Our neighbors were kind enough to me let me borrow one of theirs so I could join him. I was thinking it was going to be a nice leisurely ride, ummm yeah no. I haven't been on a bike in forever. After the first five minutes my legs were killing me.

Aside from that, it was pretty nice. We went down to Porter Park and rode around and then made our way back. The best part of the bike ride....the reactions. I think every car that drove past heads were turning. While at the park you could hear some kid going "Woah cool bike! Look at that bike!" So what did Todd do as we rode past? Rung his bell. We got some hollers after that. He then lets me know that that happens every time he goes for a ride. On the way home some girl yelled from a car what a cool bike it was. Todd turns around and informs me "See that girl in the van thinks I have a cool bike." As we were getting closer to the apartment Todd lets me know that a car is coming behind us. What do I get from him? "I bet you didn't know it was coming, you don't have mirriors." During the ride I was also informed plenty of times that my back was being hunched over while he was nice and comformtable sitting up straight.

I guess after tonight I have found out that Todd does indeed have a "cool" bike. At least from all the reactions it seems as though others think he does!

1 comment:

Me and My Boys said...

I give him props! that is a pretty sweet bike, i want to see him ride it. or you for that matter! You guys are so cute!