Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Deep Fryin

When registering, for a deep fryer, last year I never thought we'd actually get one, and I never thought we'd actually use one. I just thought it was fun registering for it. But we got one and now we have used one! I got it out this weekend and made us some french fries Saturday and they were soooooo good! I've usually been baking our fries, but thought it would be fun to try frying them. Todd loved them. He even told me they were better than my baked ones. Honestly, they were pretty good.

So since I had the deep fryer out, Sunday Todd and I made some doughnuts. I usually get a little controlling in the kitchen, especially when baking, but Todd just kinda took over. I was getting a little picky, but umm... he pushed me out. He rolled em and cut em out, fried them, and I dipped them in the glaze. They were really good too. It was quite fun. I don't think we've both really been in the kitchen like that before. I enjoyed it and I think Todd did too!


No worries though, we had self control when eating. Luckily we went to our friends and took them over that night so we didn't over indulge!

Maybe next weekend we'll come up with some more stuff to fry. Mmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do look very good. Good job you two!!!! Mom

Harshes said...

Oh my gosh, YUM!