Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yellowstone Trip

This weekend, while Todd's parents were in town, we went up to Yellowstone National Park. That place is amazing. On Sunday we started out by visiting many of the different geysers, calphadoras, springs, falls. We visited the Upper and Lower Falls. They were beautiful. To get even closer we walked down Uncle Tom's Trail to get to the bottom of the upper falls. We walked down some extremely steep stairs that weren't too bad until you realized how they were hooked to the mountain. To the end the day we went and saw Old Faithful go off.

Monday we went on a hike for the majority of the day. Todd found a trail that started out at the Biscuit Basin and the distination was the Mystic Falls. We hiked clear to the bottom and, if other people weren't already there, we probably would have gotten right next to the fall. I think you always know how powerful a waterfall can be, but being right next to it you can truly feel it. Something that was really interesting was that they river was nice and cool, but on some parts of the side of the mountain, there were little streams going into the river that were hot. Nature is truly remarkable. Just walking through the park you can't deny it. During the hike, the view was breathtaking. At one of the overlooks we could see Old Faithful going off in the distance.

I think I walked more this weekend than I have all year! We were hoping to be able to see some wildlife, but we pretty much only saw Bison. On Monday we saw quite a few deer, but no Bear, or Moose. Todd and I are feeling the consequence of not putting sunscreen on, yet again. Maybe some day we'll learn. But it was an experience that I'm grateful we were able to take advantage of. Hopefully someday we'll be able to get up there and visit more of the park.


2 comments:

Shaylen said...

That is awesome! I loved how it changed from the picture of something to the video, that was neat. I want to go to Yellowstone so bad, Clint and I just have to find a day that we are free! lol Glad you had fun.

Harshes said...

Hi Nicki! Just wanted to drop by and say, "Wuz up?!" Todd's bike is SWEET!